Sunday 1 June 2008

Blog Rockin' Beads

A few weeks ago I gave you a sneak peek to my beadmaking. I worked a lot on them every once in a while because I had a deadline for an order by my own personal patroness of the arts. (Woohoo! It feels very, very good if someone really likes what you do!) Many months ago I read a blog post by Humblebeads, who makes stunning polymer clay beads, titled "100 beads before breakfast". This line entered my mind again while I worked on my beads and I asked myself if this is really possible to do. 10 beads before supper is quite a lot for me and 100 beads within a month proved to be an impossible task, but nevertheless besides my usual tantalising difficulties I was really glad and enjoyed rolling a few beads every now and again. There are 91 beads of different sizes in this picture.

I made a nice bunch of bookmarks of them and they have arrived in the UK already and should find new and hopefully happy owners soon! You can take a closer look at all of them, and separately on the blue batch, the orange batch and the colourful rest in my Flickr photos! I want to make more!

No comments: