Thursday 25 September 2008

More Pinching

I skipped my class again this week, because I feel so bad. Nevertheless I've got something done at home.

At the moment I can't get enough of pinching small bowls. Let's hope I've managed to get all the air pockets out of the clay. Usually the clay is prepared so it is free of air bubbles but I often use scraps or start all over when I'm not pleased with my creations and then I try to wedge the clay before I use it by slamming it on the table repeatedly, but I'm not good at this. Wedging and kneading clay with my hands is quite like hitting a ball with the head while having a concussion of the brain.
I also sculpted a little tree (and hope it's not too thin) that I want to fill with glass. I mentioned this idea in class two weeks ago and obviously it is liked as the first one was made last week, so it's time I try my idea myself!

No comments: