Friday 13 March 2009

Back at the Pottery

This week I went to my class again after more than a month of absence. I glazed the textured bowl, that was waiting for me on the shelf all those weeks and also added some glass. On one of my convalescence walks I wrote about earlier I bought three new shades of blue beads and tried them out on the bowl without making a little test piece before. Not testing makes me nervous, but I didn't want to wait. I hope they turn out nicely!
(Somehow my beads seem to confuse some of my clay mates. I was asked (not for the first time): "And you're putting plastic beads in there?" which sounded like: "And you're really that stupid to put plastic beads in a bowl that will be fired in a kiln at more than 1000°C? They are going to burn, don't you know that? And you're really stupid!". No, actually I know what I'm doing. It's glass. Glass, not plastic. Why don't they just ask, if these beads, that they think look like plastic, are really glass?)

I also played around with soft clay this week and tried making pinch pots, but it takes some time to get used to it again. The good thing is, I feel inspired again!

No comments: