Thursday 14 August 2008

Summer Break Is Over

Yesterday the classes started again! But before I show you what I made there, here's what I made at home in the past weeks. (Yes, I don't blog often enough and now I'm behind.)
Inspired by a feast of snails I observed lately, I made a snail plate.

This time I tried not to decorate the entire surface for a change. I really forced myself to stop, but somehow I feel very drawn to more intricate designs and don't feel very happy with this one so far.

This is another snail influenced vessel I built.

The idea for the third item I made probably would be understated if categorised as inspiration. I rather stole the idea. I saw pots with fabric-like folds on pottery markets (and bought one of those last year) made by a potter from Halle, whose name I forgot and wanted to try to make something like this for a long time. So here's my first try. It's not as easy as it looks like to arrange the folds.

I'll post news from the first class after summer break next time.

No comments: