Friday 23 January 2009

Catching Up

My hands do very badly at the moment, so only a few words today.

Last Week

... I exercised (or maybe tortured) them by making more textured dishes, that are going to be wall hangings, if they turn out alright. They are very flat and fun to make.

One of these has more than 750 indentations and the other one around 500.

On this smaller one I counted 150.

At the weekend

... I went to Berlin to see the great Paul Klee exhibition at the Neue Nationalgalerie. My arms loathe train rides, but the rave of colour and spending a day on art was worth it.

At the Pottery

... I held another glazing session.



Yesterday

... I was sewing a very simple felt coaster to move my swollen fingers.

My mother wants to have some because the undersides of my ceramics sometimes are a bit scratchy, although I always make them very smooth. This happens when tiny crumbs of clay get attached to the surface in the kiln during firings.

No comments: