Sunday 6 January 2008

Nureyev and Me

It's my pain anniversary today. I wondered if I should mention it in my blog. Nobody likes to read about pain and suffering. Things like that disturb and don't fit in a world in which a human being has to be efficient. But hey, my blog is about my struggles and pain is a big part of me and it shaped me. I'm unproductive, slow and weak and need far too much help, but it's my experience that other people have more problems to accept this than I have. 15 years ago, same weather as today, freezing rain, I had a little accident with serious consequences. Rudolf Nureyev died at the same day. I still remember when it was in the news and although I never was his fan, I feel connected. ( I rather prefer Vaslav Nijinsky who turned mad, which in my opinion might be the only sane reaction to the society we live in.) My hands and arms hurt since Nureyev is dead! Does this sound too melodramatic?

Everybody is talking about New Year's resolutions these days, but I don't
have any. I'd just like to do crafty stuff as often as possible and I want to read more books again. Here's my list of the books I read in 2007. Usually I put those lists on my website, but unfortunately it suffers from lack of updates for far too long now and needs a relaunch.

Books 2007

Robert W. Connell - Der gemachte Mann
Alan Hollinghurst - The Line of Beauty
Edward Lucie-Smith - Erotik in der Kunst
Robert Merle - Moncada
Werner Alberts - Uta Ranke-Heinemann
Michel Foucault - Das Leben der infamen Menschen
David McCullough - 1776
John Berger - Albrecht Dürer
Pierre Radvanyi - Jenseits des Stroms ~ Erinnerungen an meine
Mutter Anna Seghers
Isabelle Anscombe - Arts & Crafts Style
Stefana Sabin - Ethel Rosenberg
Henri-Pierre Roché - Jules und Jim
Alasdair Gray - A History Maker
Bertha von Suttner - Die Waffen nieder!
JT Leroy - The Heart is deceitful above all Things
Eric Frey - Schwarzbuch USA
Christine Orban - Eine Liebe der Virginia Woolf
Norman Mailer - Heiliger Krieg: Amerikas Kreuzzug
Jeanine Warnod - Valadon
Hanif Kureishi - Intimacy
Suzanne Raitt - Vita & Virginia
Alasdair Gray - Unlikely Stories, Mostly
Gavin Miller - Alasdair Gray ~ The Fiction of Communion
Alice Schwarzer - Die Antwort
J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Willa Sibert Cather - My Antonia
Marc Heiremans - Murano-Glas im 20. Jahrhundert
Helmut Ricke & Ulrich Gronert (Hrsg.) - Glas in Schweden 1915-1960
Keith Cummings - A History of Glassforming
Nikita Woronow - Sowjetisches Kunstglas
Rudolf Hoffmann - Thüringer Glas aus Lauscha und Umgebung
Helmut Ricke - Neues Glas in Deutschland
Ouzi Dekel - Intifada ~ Zwischen den Fronten
Arlene Hirschfelder - Native Americans
Kathleen Berton Murrell - Russland
Christian Brandstätter - Design der Wiener Werkstätte 1903-1932
David Cathers - Stickley Style

No comments: