Saturday 29 August 2009

Classes started again

Summer break is over and I can hope to get my crafting done more regularly now. I saw some familiar faces again and even some new. One of my clay mates commented on my pieces that I already have a signature style like a professional potter, a remark that makes me blush. It's boosting my ego! I like to try new things and techniques all the time, so I'm glad it is visible in some way that all these things are made by me.

As you can see in the pictures I painted my meadow with oxides as well as the vetch in the photo above. It originally belonged to a bigger botanical piece that I messed up when my knife fell right in the middle of it. This was the only part I could manage to keep.

I also proceded work on my dishes and try to fire them a third time with some glass although I have my doubts that this will work out as intended. Working with glass is always surprising and maybe it won't be that unpleasant.

No comments: