Wednesday, 8 April 2009


I had a bout at cylindric shapes for a couple of days which resulted in these vases and a pot. One is just plain so I can mess around with some glazes. On the one on the right I finally used the mould I made some time ago. Spring made me do the pattern on the pot. It has been so warm and sunny recently and the subtle scent of freesias is in the air. I couldn't resist to buy a bunch of those because they smell so lovely.

I experimented a little bit with these pieces. I tried to close the seams without using slip because it inconveniently softens the clay a bit too much on these parts, which I don't like at all. The weight of the walls can make them go baggy at the bottom when the seam is too wet. I tried to prevent this and they seemed to be very stable and neat when they dried, so I hope they come out of the kiln intact.

No comments: