Saturday 1 December 2007

Winter Night

One month ago I made this bowl. Now I finally baked it together with some other items I completed meanwhile. It's the most sparkly thing I ever made because I used glitter colours. I can't decide if it is tacky or gorgeous. It looks so much like a twinkling frosty winter night to me, although the white parts looked brighter before curing. Fimo glitter white seems to contain a big part of translucent clay. I spent 2 1/2 hours alone just placing the slices on the bowl's surface because the design evolved while I did it. I am slow, but I get completely absorbed in it when I do things like that.

1 comment:

Tiffy Koenigshaus said...

I love this bowl (as I love your art in general)! It's Christmassy and the incarnation of spring at the same time. I think it would make a perfect Christmas present!

You're amazing!